Delkor Trayfecta® M-Series (Mechanical) Tray and Carton Formers
The Delkor Trayfecta M-Series formers are an economical alternative to the flagship Delkor Trayfecta S-Series formers. The highly refined, simple, robust mechanical drive, is ideal for long production runs and low maintenance requirements.
Within 5 minutes or less, the Delkor Trayfecta Mechanical Former can change over between a tray former, a carton former, or a case former to meet the rapidly changing needs of modern retailers. The Trayfecta M Series Formers produce consistent, high-quality; formed trays, cartons, or cases from paperboard, micro flute, E-flute, or corrugated blanks on a single machine.
The new Trayfecta is available in single, double, triple, and quadruple-head configurations, providing the ideal flexible packaging solutions.
- To meet the demands of high speed applications, the Trayfecta is available in numerous configurations including:
- Single head
- Double head*
- Triple head*
- Quadruple head*
*Multi-head formers have the ability to simultaneously produce different trays, cartons, or cases.
- Form a broad range of tray, carton, and case styles on one machine:
- Lock Style
- Adhesive Style
- Fold-over (Foot-lock) Style
- Setup Box Replacement (SBR) Trays
- Flexible design allows a single machine to produce trays, cartons, or cases in:
- Paperboard (Chip-board)
Belt Drive System
|Carton Blank Pick
The mechanically driven pick-arm assembly picks a carton blank from the magazine lane and places it into the shuttle.
Mechanically driven reciprocating blank shuttle provides positive blank location and adhesive application.
For adhesive style cartons, hot-melt adhesive is applied to carton flaps during the controlled shuttle motion.
The mechanically driven forming head drives the carton blank downward, through the forming cavity, to create a formed carton.
Forming activity occurs in a unique spring-loaded precision forming cavity that prevents jamming during the forming process.
The newly formed carton is positively ejected from the forming head and onto the discharge conveyor.
- Available Configurations
- 900 Series (Available with 1 forming head)
- 1200 Series (Available with 1, 2, or 3 forming heads)
- 1500 Series (Available with 1, 2, 3, or 4 forming heads)
- Speed Capability (Application Dependent)
- 900 Series up to 70 cartons per minute
- 1200 Series up to 180 cartons per minute
- 1500 Series up to 225 cartons per minute
- Available in stainless steel or powder coated carbon steel construction
- Standard fully welded tubular steel frame
- Fully counterbalanced precision linkage drive for high speed reliability
- 900 Series blank sizes up to 24" W x 30" L
- 1200 Series blank sizes up to 36" W x 32" L
- 1500 Series blank sizes up to 48" W by 32" L
- 900 Series = 129 " L x 40" W
- 1200 Series = 129" L x 52" W
- 1500 Series =129" L x 64" W
- Standard discharge height = 36" elevation (Carton size dependent)
- Production monitoring and reporting through HMI touch screen
- Form on-demand photo eye
- 3-Color machine status light tower
- Discharge verification sensor
- Magazine level sensor with operator alert
- Adhesive level sensor with operator alert
- English/Spanish/French HMI language available
- Guardmaster category III guard door interlocks and safety monitor relay
- Lock-out Tag-out ready air and electrical disconnect
- Air supply shut-off valve with dump
- Two emergency stop buttons
- Ergonomic guard doors with gas shock assist
- Light-weight forming tooling
- Auto retract magazine pressure plate for easy loading
- Swivel-Mounted HMI for easy viewing
- Utility Requirements
- 35 amp disconnect @ 480V 60hz 3-Phase (240V/575V Optional)
- 5 CFM @ 80 PSI air consumption (Maximum)
- 2500 pounds
- Adhesive style trays or cartons
- Lock style trays or cartons
- Fold-Over (Foot-Lock) style trays or cartons
- SBR (Setup box replacement) trays
- 5 minute tool-less changeover (per lane)
- Labels and scales on all adjustment points
- Step-by-step changeover documentation in manual and in HMI
- Controls & Electronics
- Allen Bradley Compact Logix PLC
- Allen Bradley Panelview 700 "Plus" color touch screen HMI (1000 "plus" optional)
- Allen Bradley Powerflex 40 frequency drives
- Allen Bradley high resolution encoder
- Ethernet connectivity
- 20% minimum spare I/O for easy integration
- Adhesive System
- Nordson ProBlue 10 adhesive melter
- Nordson air-open / air-close adhesive application heads or Nordson electronic adhesive application heads available
- Wash down heads and hoses available for demanding environments
The Trayfecta tray formers/ carton formers are well suited to a wide variety of trays, cartons, and cases with either glue-style, lock-style, or fold-over (foot-lock) style construction. This flexibility of this forming machine, combined with the ability to handle paperboard and/or corrugated materials with ease illustrates the ingenuity put into every Delkor Systems machine.